Indian fans, domestic pumps, water heaters and lighting Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Limited will enter the built-in kitchen appliance segment with a range of fireplaces, hobs, built-in ovens, built-in microwaves and dishwasher. Cooking is a priority area for the company and it recently completed the acquisition of Butterfly Gandhimati Appliances to strengthen its presence in this area. Entering the built-in appliances segment will further consolidate its position in the kitchen space, in addition to driving the growth and premiumization of the brand.
In India, the market for built-in kitchen appliances is estimated at around INR 2,200 crore and growing at around 10-15% per year. The organized market is made up of 7 to 8 players with the top 3 players controlling around 45% of the market. The penetration of the category is quite low. Fireplaces, the segment’s flagship product, also have a penetration of only 3-4%, which provides ample room for growth.
Crompton believes in launching products based on clear consumer information. The company has undertaken extensive consumer research to identify unmet and underserved consumer needs. Based on this information, the company launches truly differentiated products that will be relevant to the consumer. The effort will be to provide a nice and pleasant cooking environment.
Key differentiating features of the range of fireplaces with MRP ranging from INR 24,000 to INR 69,000 (all claims tested in reputable NABL labs):
- As quiet as AC with 50% reduction in noticeable noise
- Keeps kitchen air clean of smoke, soot and odors with 50% more suction power than popular models available.
- Reduces the number of professional cleaning calls required with Intelli-autoclean technology
Key differentiating features of the cooktop range with MRP ranging from INR 17,000 to 37,000 include:
- Digital timer that turns off the burner at the end of the stipulated time
- Flame failure safety device that shuts off the gas supply in the event the flame goes out due to a spill or for any other reason
Key differentiating features of ovens with an MRP ranging from INR 50,000 to 85,000 include:
- Eliminate the need to manually clean your oven with pyrolytic cleaning in which the internal oven temperature will reach up to 450°C turning residue left behind from cooking, roasting and broiling splatters into ash
- Hot air shield prevents hot oven air from directly reaching consumers’ faces
Key differentiating features of dishwashers with an MRP ranging from INR 49,000 to 68,000 include:
- Dual wash pro that cleans at two separate water pressures in one wash while keeping noise as low as AC power
- Superior drying performance thanks to turbo drying technology with additional fan support that draws steam away from the cabinet
Crompton has leveraged its new world-class R&D center and traditional strengths in the design of engines, electronics and more. to design these products. Consumer research conducted suggests that all Crompton fireplaces, hobs and dishwashers rank higher in purchase intent by approximately 10-30% compared to the competition.
With the launch of products in the fitted kitchens segment, Crompton aims to achieve a double-digit market share in the medium term The products will initially be launched in 10 city clusters including Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Cochin and Coimbatore this quarter through exclusive outlets called “Crompton Signature Studios”. They will also be available at major kitchen retailers, regional retailers, multi-brand outlets and e-commerce players. Crompton is also building a world-class service network by leveraging its large presence across the country.
Shantanu Khosla, Managing Director – Crompton, said: “The kitchen is a strategic space for Crompton and kitchen appliances will drive future growth. Our recent acquisition of Butterfly has strengthened our presence in the small kitchen appliance category. This entry into the built-in kitchen appliance segment will further consolidate our position. »
Mathew Job, Executive Director and CEO – Crompton, said: “Our goal is to become one of the top 3 players in this segment within the next 3 years. For the same reason, we have created a separate business unit that focuses on built-in kitchen appliances. Leadership is in our DNA and we seek to win in this segment with our differentiated value propositions.
Nitesh Mathur, Vice President – New Business – Crompton said: “Crompton has gained a deep understanding of its target consumer segment and will target them with a differentiated product line. We have received a very good response from the chain with the integration of several leading modular kitchen resellers and multi-brand outlets. In addition, we are also setting up exclusive high-end “Crompton Signature Studios” outlets. We also have a solid marketing plan and set up a solid after-sales network.