For yacht owners, designing a galley equipped to meet the demands of avid on-board entertainment – or to accommodate long-distance travel with guests – can be quite the maneuver. Planning the layout in a ship’s galley is key to maximizing every inch of usable space, and you need to find electrical appliances that have shallow depth and excellent efficiency.
So what devices do you need to navigate smoothly from start to finish? In this Top 5 Pursuitist, we’ll showcase our top favorite boating choices to make life on the water so much more enjoyable.
Prepare for a big hassle as AjMadison, a family-owned business and the nation’s leading online home appliance retailer for two decades, helps Pursuitist identify the best new appliances on the market to outfit a marine kitchen in this Top 5 kitchen appliances for your yacht.
5. One Kenyon induction hob prevents kitchen utensils from slipping. When cooking on board, it is important to ensure that pots and pans remain on the cooking surface, despite movement in the kitchen. Kenyon induction cooktops come with an optional patented SilKEN® mat designed to cover the cooktop. This mat keeps everything in place and collects cooking spills. For cleaning, simply place the mat in the dishwasher or sink. As a bonus, Kenyon electric cooktop models come with a retractable pot holder system. PUPS ™ keep pans safe and secure while cooking on the go.
4. For yachts going for longer periods, sufficient storage of fresh food is essential. AjMadison has the choice of Column refrigerators, freezers and wine cabinets that vary in width from 24 inches to 36 inches, with many cutting edge features. Mix and match columns for an ideal custom layout; some of them are even ready to accept a custom cabinet panel! This type of design hides large appliances for a more sophisticated, stylish and inviting space.
3. U-Line marine series undercounter refrigerators and ice makers providing the ultimate wet bar. These compact refrigerators are a great way to keep fresh ingredients and drinks at a safe temperature. Cocktails will taste best in the sunset off the coast, and the slow-melting crescent-shaped ice will enhance any seaside libation. And you won’t have to worry about running out, because U-Line ice makers can produce up to 23 pounds of ice per day and can store up to 12 pounds. whenever.
2. Especially in a yacht, cooking appliances should be multifunctional. A speed oven which can handle the cooking and microwave functions is AjMadison’s ultimate go-to for easy meals on board. Choose one with adequate ventilation – essential for extracting lingering food odors and cabin smoke. An induction cooker, popular for its safety features, quick heat-up time, and easy cleaning, can provide oven and hob functions from the same cabinet cutout for large cookware.
1. Grilling on the deck has never been easier! Add a barbecue like this Kenyon Texan Series Grilles on board to deliver fresh earth lover flavors while afloat. These electric grills are constructed from marine grade 304 stainless steel and reach temperatures up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit. After cooking, clean the non-stick cooking grates in the sink or dishwasher.
There are also several options for grilling in the kitchen. Many luxury brands offer modular electric cooktops, including 12 or 15 inch electric grills. These racks can be installed on their own or combined with other modular electric cooktops for a custom cooking surface.